According to the findings of Digital Café report commissioned by global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget, nearly half of online French consumers have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on email, Facebook or Twitter. The report is based on a survey of more than 1,500 online French consumers, ages 18 and above.
Key findings of the study include:
- 90 percent of online French consumers subscribe to at least one email marketing program
- 51 percent of consumers that subscribe to brand’s email programs have made a purchase after receiving an email marketing message
- 28 percent of consumers report checking email constantly throughout the day
- 43 percent of online French consumers interact with brands on Facebook
- 7 percent of consumers on Facebook have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on Facebook
- 33 percent of Facebook users who own a smartphone check Facebook daily using their smartphone
- 4 percent of online French consumers use and proactively Follow brands on Twitter
- 2 percent of consumers on Twitter have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on Twitter
- 47 percent of Twitter users follow brands to stay up-to-date with a company’s products, services or offerings
Key comparisons of the French research to other findings around the world include:
- 29 percent of French consumers have Liked brands on Facebook to receive discounts, compared to 49 percent in the U.K.
- 13 percent of French consumers have followed a brand on Twitter to be affiliated with the product or brand because it is trendy, the same as in Australia
- 49 percent of French consumers with smartphones report checking email at least once per day from their smartphone, compared to 66 percent in the U.S.
To download a copy of the ExactTarget’s Digital Café research report, please click here.