Hello there! I’m Raouf.
A marketing copywriter in Dubai who started Wajeez.com in late 2010.
Wajeez is my second blog where I showcase my writing prowess. (My other blog is in Arabic).
It also acts as my own articles-portfolio where I write about digital marketing, along with some posts about book reviews, cars, PR, travel, tips, etc.
I recount the story of how I discovered my knack for digital marketing while running a local BBS here.
What’s in a name? Wajeez
An Arabic word, wajeez means concise and short (or the Arabic equivalent to TL;DR), conveying the meaning with the least number of words.
Wajeez is about marketing, copywriting, communications, along with some tech, cars, and travel reviews.
I’ve also interviewed some successful professionals, founders, and entrepreneurs.
“In this age of micro-blogging and two-second sound bites, almost no one has the attention span, or time, to read more than a few sentences.”
– Tim Frick, Author of Return to Engagement
About Raouf Shabayek…
A marketing & communications specialist, copywriter, story teller, and published author, working out of Dubai, UAE.
In 2010 and after spending enough time working as a journalist covering tech, business, and videogames, Raouf decided to concentrate on online marketing / copywriting.
Today, Raouf works as a marketing & communications specialist in the events sector, where he tweaks words to boost brand-awareness, increase sales and better-serve customers.
Feel free to connect with Raouf on Linkedin.
Some of the topics you can expect to read about here on Wajeez include:
- Tips for writing press releases that drive sales
- Online marketing and SEO tips and tricks
- Interviews with real people to talk about their achievements in life.
- Reviews of books, cars, mobile phones, gadgets, electronics, etc.
- January 18, 2010. Wajeez’ first post was published!
- July 22, 2010. My post 6 Lessons that Nokia learned from Apple got over 700 unique pageviews in one day.
- Sept. 9, 2010. My post 5 Lessons I’ve learned from playing TF2 got over 1540 unique pageviews in one day. Long live TF2 fans!
- Jan 19, 2011. Wajeez’s Alexa Traffic Rank shot up to 976,610.
- Feb 2012. Alexa’s rank touched 620,000.
- May 2018. Dumped the /year/month/title_name method in the Permanent Link section in settings, after reading Backlinko recommendations. It worked, traffic got a 100% boost.
- May 2019. Changed to https://, faced many Mixed Media errors, fixed it with SSL Insecure Content Fixer plugin. It works! Started receiving more visits from search engines.
“Raouf has an insight seasoned with wisdom, in depth knowledge of culture, and the elusive instinct of success. This was a requirement when working with a culture and geography vaguely familiar to me. I have enjoyed working with Raouf, his communication has been timely and his quality of work has truly been quality.” – Ryan Hart, Verified First